Introduction to AutoCAD for Landscape Design is an online course with 3+ hours of running video which teaches you how to use AutoCAD specifically for landscape design and is perfect for:
- Anyone in the landscape design field (or related industry) interested in learning how to create their own libraries inside one of the #1 2D landscape design softwares
- Anyone looking to gain a strong fundamental understanding of AutoCAD for landscape design as they move towards making it their primary software
- College students looking to gain starter experience in AutoCAD for a resume or job interview
In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up AutoCAD for landscape design
- Many AEC (architecture, engineering, construction) disciplines use AutoCAD, learn how to use the software for landscape.
- How to create accurate base plans of existing project sites
- The main foundation to every landscape plan is the base plan, learn how to precisely create accurate plans.
- How to create landscape layers with custom lineweights
- Layer management is key to future revisions, learn how to create specific layers to turn on/off specific elements.
- How to use (24) of the most used commands in AutoCAD
- AutoCAD has 150 total commands, learn some of the most popular commands to design landscape faster.
- How to dimension the main elements of a landscape plan
- Contractors and installation crews immediately resonate with dimensions, learn how to dimension the main elements.
- How to import Plat of Surveys in PDF format or .jpeg format
- Every landscape plan starts with a project site, learn how to import site documents into AutoCAD to start designing.
- How to work with XREF’s from Civil Engineers or other AEC disciplines
- Landscape designers often work with Civil Engineers, import their documents and lock the .dwg file into your landscape.
- How to create plant lists and include material lists on landscape plan
- Specifying plants is one of the major jobs as a landscape designer, learn to include tables on your plans for contractors.
- How to create a plant symbol and transfer into a block
- AutoCAD does not come equipped with pre-loaded plant symbols, learn how to create custom plants for your region.
- How to draw topography/contour sections
- Sections convey volumetric space and show how certain elements relate to the ground, learn how to these drawings.
- How to set up your landscape plan on paper
- Set up your landscape plans with different viewports to show various scales or details on your landscape plan.
- How to export landscape plans for client meetings
- Export your drawings to PDF so you can take your landscape plans to client meetings or for construction crews to install.
This starter course “Introduction to AutoCAD for Landscape Design” does not include downloadable files and pre-built libraries and excludes 2+ hours of content compared to our signature course “AutoCAD for Landscape Design with Libraries”. To learn more about our signature course, please visit here.